Safety Tips & Regulations
The Namekagon River can be an incredible experience for you and your loved ones, but you do need to realize the power that the river has. It is extremely important to plan ahead, check river conditions, know the rules and keep your eye on the weather. River conditions can change rapidly and it's important to be informed. Below are a few links to help you stay informed on conditions. Here are a few of our "stay safe" tips for enjoying the Namekagon:
- Make a plan. Let someone know where and when you plan to put-in and take-out.
- Check river conditions and weather forecasts
- Wear a life jacket. It is a requirement to have a US Coast Guard approved, properly fitting, life jacket on board your vessel for every adult and child. Children under 13 are required to wear a life jacket, even when tubing.
- If you plan to consume alcohol, do so responsibly.
- Avoid fallen trees as they can easily catch and overturn your vessel.
- Don't jump from trees, bridges or cliffs. Water levels can change quickly.